A Note from our Executive Director
As we enter into this new year full of opportunities, I have found myself reflecting on the hopes and desires that are shaping our future directions.
As we enter into this new year full of opportunities, I have found myself reflecting on the hopes and desires that are shaping our future directions. If we all play our part, we can make positive changes by advocating for the health and wellbeing of all people living in our rural community. Inspired by Vu Le's nonprofit blog, I have compiled the following list of hopes for us for 2024:
1. May we advocate for systems to be not only just and equitable, but also to begin to permanently break the cycles of poverty and violence that so many in our community experience.
2. May we, as a community together, come up with creative solutions to the problems that isolate and oppress.
3. May we have the courage to stand up against what is hurting our communities.
4. May we show each other kindness, respect, and love. No progress can be made if we do not actively practice these three things.
5. May we show up for each other, support one another, and encourage each other to grow in our effort to build and deepen a community where we can all thrive.
May you find hope and joy as we enter into a new year of possibility,